Who We Are
Casa Sangam is an Olistic Retreat Centre.
In 1997, Piero Musini, advertising manager and producer of documentaries, was inspired to create a retreat Centre (the word ‘sangam’ means ‘meeting’: a meeting with oneself with others and with the Divine).
The centre is available to all those people wishing to learn more about the philosophy of a spiritual lifestyle. A way of life to rediscover oneself.
Casa Sangam is a beautifully-restored, stone farmhouse, situated in the Tenuta di Fassia, surrounded by acres of Umbrian countryside with splendid views over the hillside town of Gubbio. Country walks can be enjoyed exploring the three lakes and woodlands with protected flora and fauna.
The diet is vegetarian and all meals provided during the retreats at Casa Sangam are prepared in an atmosphere of meditation by Raja Yoga practitioners to ensure that the food is full of positive and nourishing energy.
Some of the courses ( organized by the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University) are free of charge.
BK activities at Casa Sangam: > For those attending a retreat, voluntary contributions are welcomed to assist with ongoing running costs and meals.
The courses are open to everyone and include :
• Meditation – to improve our concentration and understanding of inner dynamics, aimed at strengthening mental wellbeing
• Self Management – to restore our self-respect and confidence and improve our self-control
• Interpersonal skills – to develop qualities such as patience, tolerance and integrity, to enrich us and restore our dignity
• Communication skills – to increase our ability to listen, think clearly and speak with confidence.
If you would like to learn more about the Brahma Kumaris, please follow this link.
Flying into Rome ( Fiumicino airport)
In Fiumicino airport there is a station with 2 lines
- One line goes to Termini railway station. The Rome-Fiumicino service departing from the Airport railway station takes about 30 minutes to reach the Termini railway station without intermediate stops. The cost is 14 euros.
- One of the stops on the second line is Tiburtina railway station and is the best alternative. It is possible to take a train from the Airport railway station on the Sabina-Fiumicino line (FM1) which stops in some of the main Roman railway stations (Tiburtina, Tuscolana, Ostiense, Trastevere) usually every 15 minutes, and on holidays, every 30 minutes. the cost is 8 euros. Please note that not all the trains stop at Tiburtina railway station so please check the train schedule.
- From Tiburtina station there are trains to Fossato di Vico- Gubbio.
- From Tiburtina station there is a bus to Gubbio every day excluding Sundays, leaving at 16.00 and arriving in Gubbio at 19.00.
- By Bus from Fiumicino airport: Departs from the Tourist Bus Park which is in front of International Arrivals Terminal 3.
From Monday to Saturday leaves at 14.30 and arrives in Gubbio at 19.00.